Identify and define which values you could gain by moving to the cloud.
- Set clear goals we want to accomplish, this includes a cloud environment that fits with the infrastructure.
- This phase also defines which apps to prioritize to migrate as they are, which apps need reworking, and which tools to use.
- Define the cloud migration key performance indicators (KPIs).
Understanding current status, scanning and assessing security and risks, designing robust topology and architecture.
- Conduct risk assessments based on existing usage. Observe any interdependencies.
- Run pre-migration predictive analysis to estimate how long migration might take to achieve.
- Design a high-availability new infrastructure to accommodate all the apps and services.
Migrating apps and services to assist you to scale faster and improve time to market.
- Modernize existing apps to be cloud-ready, develop new cloud-native apps, revamping architecture and infrastructure.
- Consider the methodology; re-host, re-platform, or re-factor.
- Observe and monitor the migration process thoroughly and safely.
- Confirm all systems are ready and dig for more insight into the future outlook.